Have you ever thought monochrome dressing was boring? Think again. There is a way you can look stunning from head to toe in a monochrome outfit!
Monochrome dressing doesn’t have to be boring. Have you been to an all white or all black theme party? At these types of theme parties you’ll see a lot of people wearing all one color, either all white or all black. It could get a little boring seeing everyone in the same color.
But every now and again you’ll see a few outfits that catch your eye and look stunning. So, there is a way to make it work for you. You can stand out in a sea of monochrome outfits and make an impressive appearance.
Here are the keys to making a monochrome look work for you and look stunning in one color or tones.
- Mix textures, it’s the best way to add interest.
- Wear fabrics that are flattering for your body, but you don’t have to worry about them be alike unless it’s black.
- Use shades and tones within the same color family to create depth and interest
- Use a subtle layer or faint print in a like color to slightly break up the monochrome.
- Use accessories to add authenticity and life to the outfit.
- Makeup is another great way to add interest.
The Daily Look Inspiration – From Head To Toe Monochrome look featured above creates interest with texture, a play on fabrics, and jewelry. Since winter and the cool weather is lingering around, this inspirational look combines a fur coat for warmth and create a luxurious feel, a sexy satiny cami top softens the other textures, a cute suede skirt for a chic look, sassy suede/leather booties, and edgy sparkly jewelry. Now this monochrome (one color) look gives the impression of luxurious, sexy, sassy chic, and edgy. Boring be gone!
Use this inspiration to create your own interesting monochrome look without feeling boring.
If you would like help you can aways contact me.